Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + coolin
MAKES: Serves 24
- 2 cups gluten-free self raising baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecan
- 1 tbls Coconut flour (optional)
- 1 tbls Desiccated coconut (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, carrot, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 175°C for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).